Thursday, September 15, 2005

How to Get in AdSense for Feeds

I tried to get into the AdSense for Feeds program, but an hour after I submitted my request, I received an e-mail from Google stating that the program is in beta and not accepting anyone.

Thank you for your interest in AdSense for feeds. Unfortunately, we're unable to accept your application for the program at this time. Because AdSense for feeds is currently in beta, we're unable to accept all applicants into the program. If we're able to extend our service to you in the future, we'll be sure to let you know.

So, bottom line - you can't get in right now. However, you can monetize your blog by adding the AdSense code to your template.

The next step was to try to get a few people to subscribe to the blog. I found some great tips at Site Build It - Market Your RSS Feed. The first thing I did was to try to subscribe to this blog through my Yahoo account. This seemed easy, and since I have four or five accounts at Yahoo, this would certainly make it appear I have an audience. (I know this is the debut of this blog, but hey, you like to see a few numbers, right?)

So, I tried, but no use. Then I read that I should try Feedburner to create an RSS link to feed to all sites. Well, I did this. As a matter of fact, it's http://feeds.feedburner.com/AdsenseAndBlogs. I tried entering this at My MSN as well - no go. Google's personal page tells me that my blog link is BUSY. Strange. So that didn't work - at least today, for me.

Since Feedburner suggested I link using NewsGator, I tried that. But it, too, gave me an error: subscription could not be added.

I wonder if anyone has a work-around for this, or if blogger.com blogs simply won't work. I did try adding a few of my other blogs and I managed to add one to My MSN, but it said the blog could not be read at this time. Here's the deal: if I can't subscribe to this blog, how can you?

Might be as easy as a setting here, but since my other Word Press blog was rejected as well, I'm suspect. What do you think it might be?

No comments: