Friday, January 06, 2006

A Peek at My Methodology

My Google Desktop alerts keep advising there is some news of a Google bundle of software to be announced at CES in Las Vegas. It sounds exciting, really! There was a rumor of a Google "box", or PC, but nothing came of that. Just a rumor.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could get inside the workings of Google. But talk is that even those privy enough to tour the "GooglePlex" are not privy to "how" Google works.

Fair enough.

In a similar vein, I've blogged about how you can make a great return on your effort, yet purposely left out a few key parts so you can start your own creative juices flowing, and so that I can share some of those techniques with those who would like to purchase my ebook.

So, if you made me put my methodology in a few lines, it would have to be:
  1. Get a niche you can work with. Something you love or are somewhat an authority on. There are certain types of niches that work best. My book covers these.
  2. Create sites by using blog templates and blog software. You need the search engines in your favor, and they love the blog footprint.
  3. Promote your site.
  4. Tune your keywords.
  5. Track your results.
  6. Expand areas that perform better.
  7. Continue to work new or related niches.
There you have it. Just a peek.

Tomorrow, I'll discuss why the blog template is so important to contextual ad success. Until then, I'm keeping an eye on my Google Desktop alert to see the Google Pack becomes reality.

Kind regards,
Dave in Naples, FL

No comments: